10 of the most ridiculous things heard on “Sex Box”
If you’ve never heard of Channel 4’s risqué show Sex Box then never fear, presenter and “clinical sexologist” Goedele Liekens handily sums up the show for us with these chilling words:
“In a few minutes, a couple will enter this box. They’ll have sex and then afterwards they’ll come out and talk frankly about what they did. [They’ll talk] to me and a panel on internationally renowned sex experts, in front of our studio audience.”
First question… how do you get classified as a sex expert? Do people elect you?
Secondly, and what we will focus on for this article, is the fact that this HIDEOUSLY awkward set-up leads to some of the most HIDEOUSLY awkward sentences heard on television.
1. Steve Jones to the audience: “Is there anyone who could give Faye a tip before she goes in for oral sex?”
2. Complete stranger to complete stranger, just before going into a box and having sex with each other: “I haven’t heard anything about you”.
3. “The good news is, they’ve been in there for over 17 minutes now”.
4. “Are you looking forward to going into the box, as it were?”
5. Steve Jones to awkward looking couple: “Just for my Sex Box records, did you both orgasm in there?”
6. “Good box”. (NO STEVE NO)
7. “You’re like sexual astronauts”.
8. “I slid my way down there, did the old 5-minute job”.
9. “Doggy is our faithful friend as its most likely to fetch the treats”.
10. “I’m not the penetration police!”
If this floats your boat then you are in luck; episode four of Sex Box airs tonight at 9pm on Channel 4.